If you’re an avid Roblox player like me, you probably have spent a lot of time customizing your game settings to make the gameplay more enjoyable. However, there may come a time when you want to reset Roblox back to its default settings, but the thought of losing all your personalized settings can be daunting.
Roblox might be just a game for some people, while for others it is much more than that. So, resetting the game progress might be the hardest thing for us. Though in no time, with our passion for the game, we can regain the lost ground. For all who might be searching for a solution, here is the guide to resetting Roblox without losing your in-game settings.
Yes, there is a way to reset Roblox, and there is not just one way. Basically, there are three ways to reset your game. For that, all you have to do is follow my guidelines, where I have broken down the process simply for your understanding. Let’s go through each one in a step-by-step process.
- Resetting your Roblox settings can help remove in-game glitches and lags.
- Clearing the cache data is the easiest way to reset the settings.
- Deleting game progress can be done by archiving and overwriting the game.
- Reading file names carefully before deleting them is highly recommended to avoid permanent data loss.
1. Roblox Registry Entries
The major reason we want to reset the game is due to glitches. Though some of the glitches are funny, others will be irritating, as you will be left with no option. Now the only way to clear such glitches is by clearing your registry entries. You can clear the entries either manually or automatically. I’ll begin with the simplest way of clearing the files.
1.1 Automatic Clearing
Automatic clearing is the simplest way to clear your entries, which hardly takes 5 minutes.
- For the automatic clearing, you have to open your notepad. Notepad is the way to pass commands, which makes the process easier. If you think commanding is too hard for you to catch up, just calm down. It’s just a single line of command.
- Now all you have to do is type “[ -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ROBLOX corporation]”
- After typing the command, save the file as “.reg.” Save the file so you can access it easily.
- Now select the option “Merge” and click “Ok” for the upcoming warning message.
- After selecting “OK,” you have to open the registry where you can see the file named “Roblox corporation file.
- Now select the “Roblox corporation file and delete the file from the list.
This will help you to clear the corrupted files. After deleting the corrupted files, you can see that there will be no glitches in the game. It’s also better to check the files before you delete them.
1.2 Manual Clearing
Manual clearing will also be simple but not as simple as the previous one. Manual clearing, as in the name, means you have to clear it manually. This technique might not be the hardest, as it just contains simple procedures. Now you have to follow the steps I have described.
- The first and foremost thing in the manual clearing is that you have to open the run command with the help of Windows and the R key.
- Once the run command dialogue box appears, you have to type regedit. Now either click OK or press enter.
- Now, in the appearing set of commands, choose the command named “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”
- You have to expand the software.
- After expanding the software, search for a file named “Roblox and Roblox corporation” files.
- After finding a file named Roblox Corp. delete the file.
This will also be the reason for the glitch in your game. As I said, though some are funny, some can be equally annoying. So it is better to clear the glitches using either one of the two methods. So, after deleting the file, you will have to rerun the game installer. After this process, you can finally play the game without any glitches.
2. Roblox app data
Well, there are still other ways you can reset the Roblox app data without losing the settings. One of them is resetting your app data, which will reset the game without losing your progress. Now moving on to the steps,
- The first step is a simple one, as you have to open the run command. If you wonder how to open it, then press Windows along with R.
- In the Run Command Dialog Box, type the command “%localAppData%Roblox.”
- After entering the command, you can either press OK or Enter.
- After this process, search for a folder named Downloads in the app data\Roblox.
- In the downloads, search for a folder named “client settings” in the app data.
- This is the reason for the glitches or lags in the game. Now all you have to do is delete the folder and search for folders with the same name.
- If there are any such folders, you have to delete them as well.
- It is also better to remove the files permanently from the recycle bin, which will help remove the crushed files as well.
3. Roblox Cache
This is one of the easiest ways to reset the settings. The one thing we all do when the app runs slowly is clear the cache data. Similar to other caches, clearing the cache won’t delete your game progress. Unless you mistakenly click “clear data,” the data will remain.
- To clear cached data, you have to open the run command.
- In the Run Command dialogue box, you have to type a command, as in “%Temp%\Roblox”.
- Now you have to press OK or Enter.
- In the list of appearing files, select ctrl along with A, or you can simply select all the files.
- After selecting all files, select shift along with delete.
- The deletion of the corrupted files will help remove the glitches in the game.
4. Deleting The Progress / Resetting the Progress
Well, I hope the above-mentioned methods work for you. If you still want to delete your game progress, either you can delete the game or reset the progress.
4.1 Game Progress
The game’s progress can be deleted. but it may or may not work. though they are easy steps to follow. Well, let’s begin with the steps to delete the game progress.
- Now the first thing you have to do is open the game and log in to your account.
- After logging in, go to the main menu and select the option settings.
- In the settings, select the option “reset game progress.”
- Now give confirmation to allow the app to carry on with the step.
4.2 Deleting the game
Well, deleting a game is not simple for those who struggle with keys and features. But it isn’t hard either. The steps involve archiving and overwriting the game.
the only way to delete the game progress is this method. The first step is to archive the game data that you want to clear. You have to replace the data with another game’s data.
- If you wonder how to do it, here is a guide to doing it.
- Choose the game you want to reset.
- Select the three dots and find the archive option.
- Once you find the archive option, select it and give confirmation.
In this method, all you have to do is choose the game you want to overwrite.
- Then overwrite the current game with another game, which will help clear the files.
Well, I have shared some methods for resetting the game that I know of. I hope they are useful. Though you should simply follow the instructions, and read the file and folder names carefully before deleting. Sometimes reading the file name wrongly can lead to the permanent removal of useful files and folders.
How many methods are there to remove the registry entries?
There are four methods to remove the registry entries, which include resetting the app data, deleting the corrupted files, clearing the cache, and deleting/resetting the game progress.
Is it safe to delete the cached data?
Yes, clearing cached data won’t delete or harm your game progress, unless you mistakenly click “clear data.”
Is it possible to reset the game without deleting the progress?
Yes, you can reset the game without deleting the progress by archiving and overwriting the game data. But still, you have to be aware while doing this. Reading the folder names and file names carefully is recommended.