If you’ve ever been playing your beloved Roblox only to be hit with a dreaded Error Code 277, then I feel for you! But don’t worry – there’s hope yet.
You must be familiar with this pop-up notice— Lost connection to the game server, please reconnect. (Error Code: 277). Roblox users face multiple types of server issues, and this is one of them. I am a regular player of Roblox, and when this pop-up on my screen, it feels better to shut down the device. But not anymore!
In this article, find out all about that pesky code. I have discussed what Error Code 277 is and provided troubleshooting steps that you can use to try and fix this issue. These steps will help you get back to playing your favorite Roblox games as quickly as possible!
- Error Code 277 occurs when the connection to the game server is lost in Roblox.
- This problem can be caused by various factors, including Large game size, Damaged Windows Registry files, or poor internet connection.
- Try closing the browser and using an updated or different network connection to troubleshoot this issue.
- If the error persists, try the Roblox Utility tool or reinstall Roblox.
- If none of these solutions works, delete Log files or Run Roblox Compatibility Mode.
Every Potential Root Cause Of Roblox Error Code 277
The potential root causes for Error Code 277 in Roblox can vary, but the most likely culprits are large game sizes and damaged Windows Registry files. There are also other reasons, and I have discussed them below.
To get to the bottom of this issue and fix it once and for all, I suggest looking at each possible cause before attempting any of the suggested solutions. Taking this systematic step-by-step approach to resolving Error Code 277 will ultimately save you time and help you get back to playing your favorite Roblox games as soon as possible. Good luck!
1. Large game size:
This is one of the most common causes of “Roblox Error Code 277″. This is because when you have too many assets in the game, the size of your cache files increases. If the cache size is too much, the game may start freezing. This will lead to connection problems which can cause the “Error Code 277” on Roblox.
2. Faulty Connection:
You must have, at some point in time, experience internet network fluctuation while playing a game. This network fluctuation can cause “Error Code 277” on Roblox. This is because the connection between your device and the game servers gets disrupted when there is network fluctuation. Moreover, you can also face the “Error Code 277” issue if the Roblox servers are down for any reason.
3. Damaged Windows Registry files:
Sometimes the files in your windows system may get damaged, which can cause your windows system to malfunction. The reason for the damaged files may be any virus, bug, man-made error, or some other reason. So, if you try to play Roblox while the windows function malfunctions due to damaged files, you might experience “Error Code 277” on Roblox.
The Best Possible Fixes For Error Code 277 In Roblox
Finding the cause of Error Code 277 can be tricky, which is why it’s so important to try out different fixes. Fortunately, you can try some great troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Almost all of them work for me, from closing your browser and using a different network connection to running Roblox Compatibility Mode. I prefer multiple methods, which are mentioned below.
With the right combination of troubleshooting steps, you’ll be back playing your favorite game in no time! So don’t let Error Code 277 put a stop to your gaming fun – take action and get your Roblox game up and running again.
1. Change to a different network connection
The most common cause of “Error Code 277” is a faulty network connection. The most efficient action you should attempt is to try a different network connection. This may restore your device’s connection with the Roblox servers.
However, sometimes the Roblox servers may be down, which is causing the error. In that case, you need to visit the Roblox official website to check if there is any news related to game servers. If the error is caused due to server maintenance, the ideal solution for you will be to wait out the maintenance period.
2. Use the Roblox Utility tool
Roblox Utility Tool is one of the best tools to fix the “Error Code 277” issue on Roblox. It is very simple to use and usually gives accurate results. The tool also helps in preventing any Roblox error from happening in the future.
The instructions to use the Roblox Utility Tool are as follows:
- Download the Roblox Utility Tool by searching it on your internet browser.
- Install the tool on your device.
- Use it to detect the problem that is causing the error. And click on the “Fix” option to resolve the problem.
- Wait for a few minutes, and restart your device to play Roblox without any “Error Code 277”.
3. Update the Browser
You will often face errors like “Error Code 277” on Roblox if you are using the older version of internet browsers. This is because Roblox carries out important new updates from time to time, and when it does that, the older versions are prone to bugs and glitches. You will be playing these older versions of Roblox if you use outdated internet browser versions.
Moreover, you can also face “Error Code 277” if you are using an unreliable internet browser. This is because some unreliable browsers are full of bugs and glitches that can cause an error in your game. Therefore, you should always use reliable and trustworthy browsers like Google Chrome or Bing while playing Roblox. Also, update your browser to the latest version since it will auto-update Roblox resolving the “Error Code 277” issue.
4. Run Roblox Compatibility Mode
Your Roblox game may not be compatible with the Windows program. This can cause various errors in the game, including “Error Code 277”. However, there are two simple ways to optimize the compatibility issue.
Firstly, you can optimize the compatibility through Roblox settings. Follow these guidelines:
- Find the Roblox app icon and double-click on it.
- Select “Properties” and choose the compatibility tab.
- Click on the “Run the program” option.
- Select any windows version of your choice and click on “Apply.”
Secondly, you can also utilize the program compatibility troubleshooter available on Windows. Follow these guidelines to use it:
- Search the “Run” option by clicking on the “Start” button on Windows.
- Select any previous windows version after searching them on “Run” and click “Ok.”
- The troubleshooting process will commence, and after a few minutes, it will highlight a few potential compatibility issues.
- You will get a list of troublesome apps.
- Search Roblox on that list and use the troubleshooting solutions recommended by the program.
- After you are done using the troubleshooting solutions, Restart your device to fix the “Error Code 277”.
5. Delete Log files
It is very vital for the smooth functioning of your Roblox game that you delete the log files of Roblox. The log files take up much space on your device’s hardware. This leads to various problems on your device and can cause “Error Code 277” on Roblox.
Here are the instructions on how to delete the log files:
- Open Run Dialog after searching it by clicking “Windows +R.”
- Enter this “%localappdata%Roblox\logs” command.
- Use “Ctrl+A” and “Shift+Delete” to delete the log files.
- Open the Run Dialog again by following 1st and 2nd instructions. And enter “%USERPROFILE%AppData\LocalLow\BbxLogs.”
- Perform instruction 3 again to delete the data.
- This should fix the “Error Code 277”. Open Roblox to resolve the issue, and start playing the game on your device.
What is Error Code 277 on Roblox?
Error Code 277 on Roblox is an issue caused by a corrupted file or audio/video codecs within the game. It can also be caused by outdated versions of internet browsers or due to incompatible programs running in the background while playing.
How do I fix Error Code 277 on Roblox?
You can fix the Error Code 277 issue by reinstalling the Roblox game, updating your browser, running compatibility mode, and deleting log files.
What browsers should I use to play Roblox?
You should always use reliable and trustworthy browsers like Google Chrome or Bing while playing Roblox. Additionally, make sure to update the browser to the latest version since it can auto-update Roblox resolving any “Error Code 277” issue.