If you have permanently deleted photos and videos from Android, then it is possible to recover them. There are many third-party applications that can help you to get these priceless pictures and memories back.
Let’s approach the different strategies that you can apply to improve the chances of recovering digital files.
4 Easy Methods to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android
Here are the methods that you can apply to get back the pictures and videos that you might have deleted unintentionally from your Android phone.
Method 1: Using Google Photos Backup and Recovery Feature
Google Photos is the easiest method to recover images that you have deleted permanently from your Android device. Whenever you click a picture, Google Photos uploads a copy of the image and videos in the cloud. So, if you erase it from the device you still have a chance to recover it from the saved copy.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to recover the lost pictures and videos from Google Photos:
- Get to the Google Photos app on your Android device and tap on the Menu icon which is usually represented by three horizontal lines.
- From the listed option choose ‘Bin’ or ‘Trash’. Next, check all the pictures or videos that you have recently deleted.
- Select the file that you want to recover from the collection and click on the Restore button. The picture will get updated in the device gallery.
Remember that a Trash folder typically holds images and videos for 30 days before they are permanently deleted.
Method 2: Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Samsung’s Dropbox
Dropbox has special features and capabilities that can help you to recover permanently deleted photos and videos. You can use the File Version History feature for the recovery process.
Also, you can get the deleted version of the images for 30 days in the Dropbox trash, from where you can recover them before they are completely wiped off.
Here are the steps that you need to follow before the images are permanently removed:
- Using your account credentials login to your Dropbox account.
- Now, select files from the menu which is present on the left side of the screen.
- To access files in the sidebar, scroll down and locate the deleted files and here you will find the videos and images that you have removed from the Dropbox account.
- Using the search bar look for the deleted image you want to recover.
- You can either manually browse through the list or from the menu click on the Restore option.
- Alternatively, at the top of the page you will find the Restore button, click on it and the chosen picture will get back to your Dropbox account.
- You need to start the recovery process before the 30-day time period of permanent deletion of pictures.
Method 3: Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from OneDrive
If you are using a Samsung device then OneDrive can help you to recover the images that have been deleted. The process is simple and even if you have unintentionally deleted any picture owing to the automated back feature they get safely saved in the cloud.
To recover lost files you have to use the Recycle Bin feature which acts as a temporary storage location. It also provides you with multi-device access to help you retrieve the last images when the device is connected to a computer, tablet, or Samsung phone.
So, look for the deleted images within the Recycle bin area, find them, and use the option Recover or Restore to get them back into the gallery.
Here are the steps that you need to follow if you have your Samsung Android phone synchronized with OneDrive:
- Launch the OneDrive app and log in with your credentials.
- On the upper left corner of the screen, you will find the menu symbol, tap on it and choose Recycle Bin or Deleted files.
- You will get a list of deleted files from your OneDrive account for the picture that you want to Restore to the list.
- You can also use the search bar if you are looking for any particular video or picture.
- After you have located the deleted picture, you need to select the image and tap on the Restore option.
- OneDrive will sync the photos with your device and restore them on the OneDrive account.
- Now, get to the gallery of your Samsung phone, or you can use any other picture-viewing application and click on View to access the restored photos.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Photos from Google Drive
Google Drive also provides your automatic backup feature where you get to save files including pictures and videos safely in the cloud. You get a backup copy and the retention period is 30 days, so you can recover the lost pictures from the Trash or Bin folder.
Google Drive has cross-platform access that helps you to recover lost images from any device associated with it, such as laptops and tablets.
Here are the steps that you can follow to restore the permanently delete the images from Google Drive:
- Go to the Play Store from your Android device and install the Google Drive app.
- If you already have an account, then log in using account credentials connected to the Android device.
- In the top left corner of Google Drive, tap on the Menu icon and choose Trash or Bin.
- Here, you will find all the files that you have recently deleted from Google Drive.
- Scroll through the list until you locate the picture or you can also use the search bar, if necessary.
- You can either select a file separately or choose a number of files altogether.
- Finally, select Restore or Retrieve from Trash and you will find all the deleted images you have selected at their original place.
- Now, get to the gallery or any Photo Viewing application on your Android device to view the restored photos.
Is it possible to restore permanently deleted photos?
Yes, you can recover the permanently deleted photos, but you need to keep your trash empty. When you delete a picture it immediately gets to the trash and if in the future you want to restore it, you can get it back from the trash by clicking on the Restore option. The images last only 30 days in the trash, so you have to recover them before the time gets over.
Is it possible to recover permanently deleted files from the Android gallery without backup?
No, there is no such possible way to recover deleted videos on files without a backup. You always need to sync devices with backup services, like Google Photos, Google Drive, or any local backup to retrieve the images. If you do not have a backup, then you can rely on third-party applications that claim that they can recover permanently deleted Android photos.