To cancel the Hulu Free Trial, using the mobile browser or computer, go to the Account page and select Cancel from the Your Account section. Now, follow the on-screen instructions and when done, you will get a confirmation mail.
You can also cancel the Hulu subscription after selecting a plan. In this guide, you will learn how to cancel your Hulu subscription after you get started.
3 Ways of Canceling Hulu Subscription
Canceling a Hulu subscription is quite easy and you can do it via desktop, mobile application, or through any third-party billing.
1. On Desktop
If you want to cancel the Hulu subscription using your laptop or desktop, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using any browser, go to the official website of Hulu and log in using your account credentials.
- At the top right corner, you will find your name, select it, and click on the option Account.
- Next, at the bottom of the page, you will find the button Cancel, tap on it and here you will get the option to pause your subscription.
- Click on Continue To Cancel and ignore the other offers that appear on the screen.
- Now, select the No, Continue To Cancel button and your Hulu subscription will be canceled. However, you can still access your Hulu account till you complete the next billing cycle.
2. On Mobile
You cannot cancel the Hulu subscription using iOS. But, if you are an Android user, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- You need to open the pre-installed Hulu app on your Android device.
- In the bottom right corner, you will find the Account icon, click on it.
- Select the section Cancel Your Subscription and click on the option Cancel.
- Wait for a few seconds and your Hulu subscription will be canceled.
3. Through Third-Party Billing Account
If you have subscribed to Hulu using third-party billing, then here are the steps that you need to follow
It won’t be possible to cancel a Hulu subscription if it is joining through Apple. However, you can continue with the process using iTunes.
- So, get to iTunes and select the Account button.
- You will find the View My Account option, click on it, and log in using your Apple ID credentials.
- Now, scroll down to the Settings page and select Subscription.
- Next to Hulu, you will find the Edit button, click on it and you will be redirected to a page where you can cancel the Hulu subscription.
If you are using an Amazon billed account, then you can also unsubscribe from Hulu using a desktop. You can also cancel the subscription through Amazon Pay, and here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Sign in to your Amazon Pay account and select the Check Your Amazon Pay orders option.
- Next, click on the tab Manage Merchant Agreements or go to Manage Merchant Settings and click on Details for Hulu.
- Select Cancel Agreement and you will find a box appears, where you have to select Cancel Agreement again.
If you have access to Hulu through the Verizon Disney Bundle, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using your account credentials, sign in to your Verizon account and click on the option Account.
- Now, from the list, you have to select Apps & Add-ons.
- In the Disney Bundle section, you have to select More, or from the My Add-ons & Apps section you can select See All.
- Next, from the Disney Bundle section you have to click on Manage. Select Cancel Subscription and then Remove Disney Bundle.
If you have access to Hulu through the student’s plan of Spotify and are unable to upgrade it, then you can deactivate by following these steps:
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Click on Account Overview, and select Your Services.
- Next, select Deactivate Hulu.
How to Cancel Hulu Before the Free Trial Ends?
If you don’t want to get charged after the seven days trial period on Hulu, then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using a browser, get to the official account Hulu and login into your account, using the correct credentials.
- From the top right corner, select your name and click on Account.
- Now, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Cancel button.
- Here you will get the option Pause Your Subscription, instead, click on the Continue To Cancel button.
- You will get a list of additional offers that you have to ignore, go straight to No, Continue to Cancel button, and select it.
How Can You Manage Your Subscription?
If you want to pause your subscription and go on a temporary break from Hulu, then you can do that for 12 weeks until you start the next building cycle. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Get to the account page of Hulu and scroll to Your Subscription section.
- Next, locate the Pause Your Subscription section, usually at the bottom of the page, and select the Pause button.
- Here, you will be given the time period to schedule a pause which ranges from one week to 12 weeks.
- Select the amount of time, based on your preference, and then click on Submit as soon as you are done.
- Your new subscription will come to a break and after the time limit is over it will automatically get renewed.
- So, when it restarts your new billing, this cycle starts from this date.
How Do You Change Your Hulu Plan?
If you want to change your Hulu plan, then you have that flexibility. Here’s how you can manage your Hulu subscription:
- Using a web browser or Hulu mobile application, you can log in to the account page of Hulu. Click on the option Select Plan and you will find that your current subscription has been highlighted with green.
- You have to select the On and Off button to switch to a plan that you would prefer.
- Click on the tick button to remove add-ons and change it to an X mark.
- Now, save your new plan and select Review Changes.
- Go through the upcoming charges and your new plan will be activated.
What is the Difference Between Hulu and Hulu Plus?
With Hulu, you get an on-demand library with basic packages and with Hulu Plus you get on-demand library packages, along with 60 live channels, such as Comedy Central, ESPN, CNN, etc.
Is Hulu Ad-Free?
No, Hulu is not Ad-free. The basic package provides you with an on-demand library, along with ads. There is also a package where you get an Ad-free subscription, but you cannot skip the Live TV commercials which are in real-time.
How Many Devices Can You Use to Stream Hulu?
If you have access to a Live TV plus subscription, then you can stream the content from two devices. At a price of $9.99 a month, you get unlimited screens as an add-on where you can connect as many numbers of devices as you prefer along with three out-of-home devices.
How to Delete a Hulu Account?
To delete a Hulu account, you have to cancel the subscription first.
- So, go to Account Settings, scroll to Privacy and Settings, and select California Privacy Rights.
- Then, click on Right To Opt Out and select Change Status.
- Now, we have to follow the on-screen instructions and go to your email to verify that you are the account owner.
- After the verification is complete, you need to wait for a few minutes and your Hulu account will be deleted.
The interesting fact is that even if you are not a resident of California, you have to go through the same instructions as mentioned above.
Will the Watch History get Deleted on Canceling a Hulu Subscription?
No, the Watch History won’t get deleted on canceling a Hulu subscription. However, if you cancel the subscription during the trial period, the data will be lost immediately. Otherwise, if you have already been through a plan, then the watch history would last for 90 days.
How to Delete Watch History?
To delete Watch History, you have to go to the Accounts page and click on Privacy and Settings. Next, select California Privacy Rights and go to Manage Activity. Select the option Watch History and click on Clear Selected.