When you want to redirect incoming calls from a specific number to another number based on your preference, then this service is known as call forwarding. It can be one way or a two way process – in the one-way process you can forward the call to another number but you won’t be receiving them back whereas in a two-way process, you can either forward the call and also receive them back on your preferred number.
If you find the message “Call forwarding unconditional voice not forwarded”, then it means that the call forwarding feature is set to redirect calls unconditionally to a specific number, but the operation fails because the designated number is either blocked or invalid.
Now, there can be many reasons behind this error and the most common is -if the number is blocking the call.
So, let’s get to the depth and understand what is conditional and unconditional call forwarding and how can you fix the issue.
What is conditional call forwarding?
When you are allowed to forward incoming calls to different numbers, based on the way you want to answer them or depending on the caller, then this service is called Conditional Call Forwarding. Here you can set up conditions to forward the call such as time, days of the week, or how long you have been on the call.
Interestingly, you can also forward the calls to multiple numbers and to other numbers at the same time. You can see which condition you have activated when you receive a call and to which number you have forwarded the call. In case you call a number where the caller has forwarded his call, then you can hear a tone that signifies the condition change.
What is unconditional call forwarding?
When the incoming calls to a number are forwarded without your permission, then it is called unconditional call forwarding. In this situation, you can give someone permission to receive your calls, when you are not available. This service comes in handy when you are changing your number or leaving the country and this process ensures that your new number will be available to your colleague all the time.
What is the difference between conditional call forwarding and unconditional forwarding?
In conditional call forwarding, the calls are redirected when the answering conditions are busy, no reply, or inaccessible. It is mostly used for business and you can assign more than one number for call forwarding for your incoming call. Here the phone will not ring only when it is under the set conditions.
On the other hand, in unconditional call forwarding service, the calls are immediately forwarded even without a phone ring. It is mostly used by individuals and a specific number is assigned to all the calls that were forwarded. It is a more advanced process and offers you options to choose a specific number from the provided list for forwarding the calls. All the incoming calls are redirected to a specific number and your phone won’t ring when you activate this feature.
How to Fix “Call forwarding unconditional voice not forwarded”?
In the case of unconditional call forwarding you are most likely to get the error – “Call forwarding unconditional voice not forwarded” and this is a direct indication that the call forwarding option cannot perform to the specific number.
To fix the issue here are the steps that you can carry out:
- Verify whether the call forwarding number is correct.
- Double-check whether the number where the calls were being forwarded is active.
- Check whether the call forwarding settings have been misconfigured, then you need to set it right.
- Contact the phone carrier for additional advice and to resolve the problem.
How to turn on unconditional call forwarding?
You have to contact the phone carrier to enable the unconditional call forwarding service and the same way to disable it you again need to contact your phone carrier.
Alternatively, you can also set up the service through the phone settings or using dial codes.
For Android Phone
To set call forwarding on an Android device you can use phone settings:
- Go to your Phone app and open the Menu by tapping on the three dots and looking for the Call Forwarding option.
- Select Settings, under the Advanced Settings or Carrier Call Settings option.
- Next, you will find the Call Forwarding option and look for the ‘Voice Call’ on the ‘Video Call’ option.
- Select the Call Forwarding option and finally select the Voice Call option and turn it on.
- Wait for a few seconds and this would activate the call forwarding function on the Android phone.
You can also use dial code **67*(Phone number)# to activate the call forward function. However, the code can change based on your phone carrier agency.
For iOS Phone
To set up call forwarding on an iOS device you can use phone settings. Here also you can use the Phone app or use the Call forwarding code.
- Go to the Phone app, get to the Settings application, and tap on Phone.
- Select the Call Forwarding option under the Phone option and enable it.
- Wait for a few seconds and you will be prompted to enter the phone number where you want to forward your incoming calls.
- To activate the call forwarding function you have to save the settings.
Based on the reply type you need to select the phone code for activating call forwarding:
- To forward unanswered incoming calls – **61*1+’phone number’ #
- To forward incoming calls when your phone is unreachable – **62*1+’phone number’ #
- To forward your incoming calls when you are busy with another call – **67*1+’phone number’ #
How to turn off unconditional call forwarding on an Android phone?
To Turn off unconditional call forwarding for an Android device, you have to go to the Settings menu and navigate to Call Settings or Supplementary Services. Next, go to Call Forwarding and turn off the features. Wait for a few seconds and you will be prompted that the feature has been deactivated. Other than this, you can also use phone codes to disable the service.